- Largely used by fish, poultry, sheep and cattle farmers for disinfection, fumigation and foot-bathing and is an important precursor in the manufacture of adhesives.
- A tissue fixative and embalming agent used to preserve historically important samples and wood.
- 24% – 55% in aqueous solution
Formalin; Methyl aldehyde; Methylene oxide
- Formaldehyde is a colourless gas with a strong, pungent odour.
- It polymerises instantly, forming Paraformaldehyde, so is therefore stored and distributed as an aqueous solution.
The information shown on this page(s) is intended as a product guide only; specification and properties of products are subject to change by the manufacturer and no guarantees or warranties are implied or inferred by the information provided here. It is the responsibility of the user to request the most current information and determine the suitability of any product in the user’s application.
*in line with our commitment to Responsible Care®, a pre-delivery safety inspection will generally be required prior to the first bulk delivery of a hazardous liquid.