- Commonly used as a solvent for washing and household cleaning agents.
- Also acts as a deactivator in pesticides, a diluent in hydraulic fluids and a solvent in enamels, lacquers and paints.
2-(2-Butoxyethoxy)ethanol; Diethyleneglycol monobutyl ether; Butyl dioxitol
- A clear, colourless liquid with low odour.
- It has a high boiling point with flash point of 115° C.
- It is soluble in water, ethanol and some other solvents.
The information shown on this page(s) is intended as a product guide only; specification and properties of products are subject to change by the manufacturer and no guarantees or warranties are implied or inferred by the information provided here. It is the responsibility of the user to request the most current information and determine the suitability of any product in the user’s application.
*in line with our commitment to Responsible Care®, a pre-delivery safety inspection will generally be required prior to the first bulk delivery of a hazardous liquid.