- ETACs low toxicity makes it a popular solvent and diluent.
- Its sweet odour is utilised in the food industry in flavourings and additives.
- It also has uses in glues, inks, nail polish removers, cleaning agents, perfumes (due to its quick evaporation) and pharmaceuticals. It can also be used in the process of decaffeination of tea and coffee.
- ETAC is a colourless solvent with a distincitive pear drop odour, with a flash point of -4° C.
- Miscible in ethanol, acetone, diethyl ether, benzene.
The information shown on this page(s) is intended as a product guide only; specification and properties of products are subject to change by the manufacturer and no guarantees or warranties are implied or inferred by the information provided here. It is the responsibility of the user to request the most current information and determine the suitability of any product in the user’s application.
*in line with our commitment to Responsible Care®, a pre-delivery safety inspection will generally be required prior to the first bulk delivery of a hazardous liquid.