- A highly effective solvent used in inks, glues, resins, coatings and films and in the manufacture of paraffin wax, plastics, textiles.
- It is utilised as an extraction medium for fats and oils.
- It is also a good cleaning agent acting similarly to Acetone, with slightly slower evaporation.
2-Butanone; Ethyl methyl ketone
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone is a colourless liquid ketone with a characteristic sharp, sweet odour and a flash point of -6° C
- It is partially soluble in water.
The information shown on this page(s) is intended as a product guide only; specification and properties of products are subject to change by the manufacturer and no guarantees or warranties are implied or inferred by the information provided here. It is the responsibility of the user to request the most current information and determine the suitability of any product in the user’s application.
*in line with our commitment to Responsible Care®, a pre-delivery safety inspection will generally be required prior to the first bulk delivery of a hazardous liquid.