- Because Normal Propyl Acetate has the ability to dissolve a host of resins, it is a particularly useful solvent for wood lacquers and industrial finishes.
- Within the printing industry it is mainly used in flexographic prints.
- It is also used in aerosol sprays, nail care and as a fragrance solvent.
- Normal Propyl Acetate has a pear-like odour which enables it to be used as a flavouring additive, too.
1-propyl acetate; Acetic acid n-propyl ester
- N-propyl acetate is a highly flammable, colourless liquid with a distinctive pear odour and a flash point of 11.8° C.
- It is completely miscible with water and miscible with most organic solvents, too.
The information shown on this page(s) is intended as a product guide only; specification and properties of products are subject to change by the manufacturer and no guarantees or warranties are implied or inferred by the information provided here. It is the responsibility of the user to request the most current information and determine the suitability of any product in the user’s application.
*in line with our commitment to Responsible Care®, a pre-delivery safety inspection will generally be required prior to the first bulk delivery of a hazardous liquid.